Monday, October 31, 2005

Feeling Blessed!

Well, this morning I woke up feeling so blessed. As I shared in Bible class yesterday, so many new beginnings!
I took Malaya to school this morning and as I walked back to my car, the Lord reminded how blessed I am that SHE is my daughter. Every night during our bedtime ritual, I tell her that out of ALL the little girls in the whole wide world I am so glad God sent HER to be my little girl. She is such a gift! She is a passionate, loyal little girl!

I then headed to Wal-Mart and I was praising God as I shopped (is that possible:) for the great friends that God has put in my life. Supportive, encouraging, forgiving, caring, Godly friends!

Then I got home and I had one of those moments when you look at your husband and think "Man, he is sexy:)" I will not elaborate on that anymore:) Our neighbor came by and asked to talk to David. I was reminded again of what a kindhearted, giving, selfless individual he is. (More tribute to David will come tomorrow because tomorrow we celebrate his 31st b-day!!)

It has not rained in Texas since Sept. 26th!! And as I set typing this I am listening to the rain hit my window! That is a blessing!

We begin this week by moving my parents to Decatur! What an exciting time for our family! Decatur is the cutest town! We also kick this week off with David's b-day. This week Jonathan and Jennifer get to hear my neice/nephew's heartbeat for the first time! What a gift!

And lastly and most importantly, I am grateful today that I am a child of God! HE IS AMAZING! He never stops shocking me with his faithfulness. He is ALWAYS what I need. And that he loves me enough that he has blessed ME with all of the things I talked about above! WOW!

Have a great day and bathe in your blessings today!

5 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Sweet friend, you are a blessing to my life. God is so good and is so faithful. Thanks for not elaborating on your husband...HA!

Bev Ross said...

I'm feeling blessed just to hear how you're feeling blessed! I love 'count the blessings' type days! Aren't they fun?!?!!? I love you and count you among my greatest!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I'm embarrassed I called you this morning. I forget David is home in the mornings.

Amber Smith said...

I enjoy reading your blog. So sweet and encouraging! I hope you guys are doing well. I'd love to see you sometime!