Saturday, October 15, 2005

Fair Day!!

We had a great day yesterday! We made our annual trip to the State Fair. Mom, Dad, David, Me and Malaya walked the state fair from about 12:30 till 9:00 last night. As soon as we got there we found some "eatin'". Some grabbed Flectcher's corn dog's while some did hamburgers and fries. We walked... We saw a butterfly exhibit. Malaya got to release a butterfly after she got to tag it. She loved that. We walked....We saw the pig races. We walked some more.....It was snack time! I had sausage on a stick. We walked some more.....We went to the Elvis exhibit and to the car show! We rode the Swan boats. We saw the Fair parade. That is one of Malaya's favorites! We ate Pizza and had fresh squeezed lemonade. We saw an old friend! We then had one last snack before leaving. Mom and I had potato skins!! They are the best b/c we load them with salt. Yummy!! We did lots of other things but I am trying to hurry b/c I am off to help Mom and Dad pack:) (Yes, for those that didn't know--they sold their house!! They are so excited!! )
It was also a very interesting night after about 6:00. It was DISD night. About a hundred "gang unit" officers were walking around along with the tons of police and DISD security! That was fun! I was definitely put back in the Crockett, East Texas days.
It was a great day! We walked A LOT. But it is worth it for the fun time with family, the GREAT food, and fun entertainment!
If you haven't been yet this year, the fair is opened for 9 more days!! Get to the fair with your family!! You will be glad you went!! I can tell you where to get $6 parking!

3 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Any funnel cakes???

jenny biz said...

Yep, I forgot the funnel cake! :)

Bev Ross said...

I had a real blast! You are one of my favorite people to go to the fair with! Thanks for being my peddlin' partner!