Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Slightly Disappointed!

Well, well, well.........The Biz's house is interesting this morning. We can't stop talking baseball. I don't consider myself to be a huge sports fan but the past couple of years when the Astros have made the playoffs, my childhood rears it's head. Growing up we lived, ate, and breathed sports. Memories of family vacations was listening to the Astros and if they weren't playing ESPN radio was always on. I can remember as a kid drifting off to sleep to the tune of ESPN. So me and the Astros go all the way back to the 1986 Astros. The sweet and very "good-looking" days of the Astros-Billy Doran, Mike Davis, Nolan Ryan, Mike Scott, Craig Reynolds, Kevin Bass, Alan Ashby, Billy Hatcher. I had crushes on them all as a little girl:)
Anyway----this morning I am SOOOO MAD!! Berkman brought the game back with his home run bringing the score to 4-2. Petite pitched a great game. All Lidge had to do was work ONE inning!! That's it!!
1 stinkin' strike away from their first EVER world series and Lidge walks Edmonds and gives up a 3 scoring home run to Pujols. Why didn't he walk Pujols???? Why did he walk Edmonds???? All Lidge needed to do was throw one more strike and they were off on their merry way to the WORLD SERIES!!!! I can' t believe it!! God has made me an extremely passionate person. And this moring I am passionate that I:
1) needed to be the manager of the Astros to set things up a little bit better in the 9th, 2) I REALLY need to have a little talk with Lidge!! All he can say about his stupidity is that "Tomorrow is a new day!" Well tomorrow is a new day stinker but today is the day you lost the biggest game of your life. Redemption needs to come Wednesday night!! He better be ready!!
Hopefully Oswalt can redeem it, leave Lidge at home!!!
We will be okay. David and I keep hitting our fists. We keep asking the "What if" questions. The girly side of me wants to cry from frustration. (Here we go again--) David and I were ready to celebrate. We were already jumping up and down, high fivin', I had an "out to eat" in the bag if/ when they won---AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

And one more thing---why do Athletes point up to God when they do something successful in a game. I mean-COME ON--God DOES NOT give a whip that Pujols hit a homer to win the game!!


Back to more important things of life after this series is done!!

9 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Jenny,

I really think that you should start telling us how you really feel. Quit holding back.

Unknown said...

Wow. I am truly in shock. I had no idea you cared that much!

But it was a pretty pathetic moment for Astros fans.

Melanie said...

Okay, this is a little sacriligious for me to even listen(read) to this post! God does give a whip that Pujols hit a homer! I'm praying really hard the Cardinals make it to the Series again, and I'll also pray for you to have comfort when they lose. My prayers are with you! :) :) :)

Melanie said...

When I said "they lose" I was of course referring to your Astros!

jenny biz said...

Oh, Melanie! I forget you are in Cardinal territory now. Don't you forget your Texas roots girl!! 2 of your children were born here, all 3 were concieved here:)
I will be praying you reconsider where your devotion lies for the rest of this series which will probably be over tomorrow night after the Astros take it!!:)
(FYI, again, if you don't me! I love Melanie and I am just kidding!!)

Jeff said...

It's tough at my house because we pull for the Astros but my son is also a Pujols fan. Naturally, he was sound asleep for the giant homer while I sat there, mouth wide open, watching. Man, he hit that ball hard.

I do wonder about all the pointing to heaven but rather see that than some of the other antics I see.

jenny biz said...

Very true Jeff! I would much rather see that than other crude gestures. Thank you for reminding me of that! My emotions were gettin' the best of me:)

Holly said...

Jenny -

No worries, they can still make it! :) Just one more game. :) We missed you all at ACU Homecoming!

jenny biz said...

Josh, No we did not have shoes on. We allow jumping on any piece of furniture at our house. And I refrain from answering number 2!:)

And yes, just b/c I sat under those seats reading my Sweet Valley High books, I was paying more attention then you know. I was actually reading my US Weekly (that a great friend gave me to read!), reading about Nick and Jessica's new gossip while watching Monday night. Here is something fishy, if I was reading the magazine the Astros were doing great but if I quit reading the magazine they would start losing or doing bad. I had quit reading for a minute when Pujols hit his homer.
So I am off to buy the newest Star and Soap Opera magazine to keep me busy during the game tonight:) Bring on the luck!!!