Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Cleaning House and a "First"

I woke up this morning in a mood to clean my house. You know, not the kind where you just vacuum, sweep and pick up a little. I mean CLEAN. And no, I am not about to give birth. I bleached the bathrooms, dusted the baseboards, swept, mopped, vacuumed under all the furniture, washed all the rugs, washed all the windows, and a huge thing - wiped out the microwave!! I feel so good right now! I am off to the garage to paint shelves for Malaya's room.

As I was about to vacuum the carpet against the wall, I opened the tube and stuff flew and fell out everywhere!! I realized, huh, maybe the bag needs to be changed, being I have never changed it!! It did get changed about a year and a half ago but I didn't do it. Paige did! I opened the vacuum and the bag was so full it was about to burst!
So today I had a "first". I changed the vacuum cleaner bag!! It was rather easy and even a little fun to know it was clean and fresh in there. Boy, did my vacuum work good after that!!
So if you are needing a little extra suck from your vacuum cleaner you might want to try changing the bag! It worked!

3 comments:

Pearson Family said...

I am glad that you had a pro show you how to change your vacuum bag! We in our house have gone bagless, and LOVE it. Next time yours dies (remember) you should get one.

Bev Ross said...

I am so proud of you, Jenny! Sounds like you are preparing for an advertisement of some sorts. I am counting the hours until we go to the fair! Corndog and mustard - here I come!

Unknown said...

I've never changed a vacuum bag. Maybe you could come show me.