Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Birthday, David!

Man, I have been waiting all day to get on the computer for any long length of time so that I can write a birthday shout out to my hubby. He has worked ALL day, on his birthday for goodness sakes! Isn't everyone supposed to take off from any sort of work on their birthday?? I guess not too many people do and especially my David:) He did let us celebrate and spend a little bit of money to take him to Keller Pizza. Everyone's first b-day dinner choice:)
David is truly my deepest friend. Anyone that is married will know that marriage is not always easy. We have sure had our share of hard times and times of doubt and times that were full of Satan's lies and activity. Praise God that He uses those times to deepen our faith, to make us rely on Him, and teach us what "wrestling with the Lord" means through prayer. And most importantly to deepen our love for Him and each other.
Through those times I have gained a "mountain" of respect for my husband. He is so loyal and tender hearted! He teaches me daily how to be more like Jesus. He deepens my walk, he challenges me and my shallow thinking. He makes me think outside the box. You see, I have always been one that was perfectly comfortable right inside my box. David dares me to step out. He challenges me to see what is beyond "my box". What a gift he has given me through that dare!
When Malaya was in my womb he would talk to her, he would tickle her (or me I suppose), he was precious! When she was born he would get very insulted when my Mom or I would try to tell him how to do things. You see he was the oldest of 5 and was much more of a pro at all of that than I was. There were nights when he would take his "shift" and he would fall asleep on the floor in the nursery, just to make sure I would sleep and know he was "taking care of her".

He has been my light so many times in my life when I was blinded by satan's darkness. He has prayed me through and physically held me when I could not lift my own head from sadness. God worked through him to help me feel my victory. David helps me daily deal with reality. He is a constant amongst my mental chaos.
He always has a unique perspective on life. I have 100% confidence that I can ask his opinion at any time and he will give me an honest answer. He is a devoted man of God's word. He is faithful in being a man of prayer. So many times I will catch David walking around the house or driving in the car and his lips will be moving. It is the cutest thing and I know that he is having some serious conversations with the Lord and I dare not interrupt. I just quietly giggle to myself.
David is a fighter (not physically but in every other way) He never gives up on a good challenge. He is the MOST resourceful person I have ever known. Do not EVER tell him he can't do anything!! He will do it and do it well!
David is a terrific, magnificent, fun-loving, loyal, prayerful, wise Dad!! That is not nearly enough words to describe him! Malaya and David have always had such a special bond. She knows her daddy is full of fun and adventure but yet she knows his rules, she respects his discipline, and listens to him so much more than me:) Sometimes I am jealous of the way he can interact with her. He is amazing with her. He is patient with her. He always attempts to see things from her perspective and see life through her eyes. He prays over his discipline. He is so very interested in her life. It fills my heart with joy to watch them together! The only down side to this is now that Malaya has started school, if I am not home to make sure Malaya gets to bed, Malaya does not get put to bed. I will come home from a night out and there have been times when they have built ramps to race her Barbie cars, they have built campsites, they have had reading marathons, they have cartoon-a-thons, they have cooked things, they have made the house a zoo (literally)with all her animals, played dress up, had tea parties, and David has taught Malaya every kind of flip and cheerleading stunt you can imagine!
As any couple, there are some things (okay a lot of things) that really annoy me. Here is a short list of things.... no, I won't go there. This is a time of edification:) and honestly I wouldn't trade even those horrible habits.

I can not close this out and not mention David's incredibly good looks. He is a hottie in my book. I am in love with his bulging biceps and wish every woman had a set like that to hold on to. I will not go any further on that topic...;)

David has blessed so many peoples lives. He is absolutely an amazing person! I am so glad that we crossed paths at Abilene Christian University so that we could be partners.
I love loving you, David Bizaillion and thank you for being you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, My wife just wrote a blog about some man name David... I do not appreciate this guy making moves on my wife. Now I know what I have to live up to.

Jenny, Thanks for the kind and loving words. I honored to be your husband and lucky to have such a great wife. I glad you did not expand on my negative traights, b/c your blog would have run out of space.

Thank you for making every one of my birthdays so special. you are the sexiest, kinder mommy in the world.

I love you!

Phillips Family said...

Happy Birthday, David!! You and Tobe must be of one mind--CiCi's pizza is his favorite place to go for special occassions!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday David! I hope someone made you peanut butter cookies! "hint,hint" Jenny!

Pearson Family said...

Thanks for stopping with the biceps! Come on Jenny, let's keep this G rated. David is a great man of God. We are so fortunate to have great friends! Happy Birthday Dude!

Amber Smith said...

I didn't know David had so many many talents. I did know he was resourceful, though. I'll never forget the make-shift windshield wipers he made for your car back in college. :) That was the ultimate in resourcefulness! He is definitely a keeper!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, David! We sure miss being around you guys. I'll never forget the crazy Sadies date Jenny and I planned for you and Brad...shortly after which Brad started dating another girl...but I digress. Those are precious memories and you are precious people. Love you all!

-Summer