Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sleepless Night:(/ Strong Words

I had one of those nights that I just had so "much" swiming in my brain I could not relax. The Holy Spirit was putting so many things on my heart to pray about. I had so much to talk to the Lord about, I couldn't get it all out fast enough. The Lord once again convicted me of some things that were in my heart that were not of Him. Through confession and tears and asking God questions, I felt Him cleansing me and molding me.
Anyway, through those hours of "wrestling" the lyrics of one of Jeremy Camp's songs (who I have come to find such blessing in his music) kept coming to my head and I prayed these words. May these words bless you today as you are searching...

"You want to be real
You want to be emptied inside
You want to be someone laying down your pride
You want to be someone someday
Then lay it all down before the King
You want to be whole
You want to have purpose inside
You want to have virtue and purify your mind
You want to be set free today
Then lay it all down before the King

This is my desire
This is my return
This is my desire to be used by you.

You want to be real
You want to be emptied inside
And I know my heart is to feel you near
And I know my life
It's to do your will
It's to do your will

This is my desire
This is my return
This is my desire to be used by you.

All my life I have seen where you've taken me
Beyond all I have hoped and there's more left unseen
There's not much I can do repay all you've done
So I give my hands to use

This is my desire
This is my return
This is my desire to be used by you."


I have been dared by the Lord to seek him even deeper. I am taking him on His challenge!
"Seek me and you WILL find me" says the Lord. I give You my hands to use.........

3 comments:

Amber Smith said...

Thanks, Jenny. Your posts are always such a blessing.

Joel said...

I love how you "lay it all down before the King"

Kim and I love you!!!

May you be set free!

And get a good night sleep!

Rick Ross said...

Jenny,

It is an adventure of a lifetime -- seeking to go deeper. There was a time I thought I was pretty deep because I had "the right answers." Looking back, I was in the wading pool. Right now, I feel like I am deeper, but I hope that 20 years from now I'll look back and say, "In 2005, I was still in the wading pool compared to now!"