Monday, September 12, 2005

Tribute to Brother - Josh

I must let you know that I have two, wonderful brothers. Today, 25 years ago I became a sister. I am such a proud big sister! Today is Josh's birthday. (Jonathan, I will tribute to you soon b/c I wasn't blogging at your birthday!)
When we were little I remember laying down for "rest time" every day and reading Josh Dr. Seuss books. I remember playing Dukes of Hazzard in Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw's car and the time we actually made the car roll out of the garage. I remember laying in bed trying to go to sleep and quizzing each other on the Astro's line-up and positions. I remember when you busted your lip open and had to get stitches from sliding into home base (the fireplace). I remember spending a huge part of my life at your football, baseball, basketball games, as one of your biggest fans. I remember how that you had verses written on your wrist tape. I remember watching you bow to pray before each game and as the season went on as more and more teammates joined you. I remember how ever since we were little, you have been a role model for those around you.

I also remember when you skinny-dipped in the baptistry:) The many girlfriends that I ,didn't like or didn't think were good enough for you, that I would tell them to leave you alone. I think the closest I ever came to getting in a physical fight with someone, was with one of your girlfriends:) I remember when you spoke your first sermon in Crockett! I remember the precious, unforgetable words you spoke at my wedding and you banging yourself in your head with your Bible to keep from crying. I remember telling you that you were gonna' be an uncle. I remember when I was pregnant and you went to the doctor with me to hear her heartbeat. I remember that after Malaya being only a few minutes old, the nurse put Malaya's footprints on your t-shirt. I remember you rocking Malaya when she was just a few days old and singing Will Smith's "Just the Two of Us." And of course your willingness to come out as "Amy" on vacation just for Malaya.
Josh, Thanks for being a man of truth. For being a man of integrity. For being a student of God's word. For your deep compassion for others. For your love of my wonderful sister in law, Kayci Joy. For your ability to make me laugh. For your support and committment to those you love. For your love for the lost and the homeless and the poor. Thank you for your example of Jesus. Thank you for being one who battles life through prayer and devotion and meditation.
Thanks Josh for being my brother and one of my greatest friends!! May this next year bring you closer to our Lord. May He continue His great work in you. I love you!!

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Wow! Jenny, that is beautiful. I am so grateful to be the daddy of such a family!