Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sunday Afternoon Nap Heaven

I love Sundays! Of course, I love Sundays because we get to worship in a community of faith, get to fellowship with our Christian friends and lots of other good "Christian" reasons. But I love Sundays also because it is the one day of a week you are allowed to take a nap and not feel guilty for being lazy. Most people do truly obey the Lord's command and they do rest on the 7th day. Being that I am a straight obeyer of the rules-I please the Lord-and I nap (rest) on Sundays.

Today after a morning of firm, exhausting discipline once again with our 5 year old daughter, I could not get home fast enough from church. I kicked off my Sunday dress clothes, put on some comfy pajamas and curled up in my bed. I had told Malaya that after our "fun" morning that she was going to have to take a nap today. So she did the same-got her Sunday clothes off, changed into a comfy t-shirt, gathered 3 books and we curled up into our bed.

We discissed our morning and how that "mommy's" heart was feeling really sad about the way she acted. And she said that her's was too. She confessed that she was sorry for letting the devil have a party and she was even sorrier because she knew that God was feeling even sadder than mommy and daddy were over the way she acted. We then hugged and went on to other important things in life.....
We read a fun silly songs book called, I'm Stilll Here in the Bathtub. Then we read, Dora Goes to School, and then off to our new Junie B. Jones book, Meanie Jim's Birthday, which we read 2 chapters of. Malaya asked for 3 songs and in the middle of Blue Skies and Rainbows she drifted off to sleep. We slept for 2 hours! I woke up to her singing "Thank You Lord for loving me and thank you Lord for blessing me." Is there a better way to be woken up from your Sunday afternoon nap??

I think not..

God is at work in our little family. When Malaya was in my womb David and I prayed that God would mold her into a bold, strong, independent woman of God. I think He is in the process of doing that molding but, as we all know, sometimes that is called pruning, and that hurts.

Malaya's bottom is proof of that!

2 comments:

Bev Ross said...

I believe is missing sitting with her Grammy in church! (Remember last Christmas when all the horrors of church were coming down around us, she asked who would take care of her during church.) I never had problems - but then again, maybe I didn't have rules. I get confused - ha! I am delighted my grand-daughter has a wonderful mommy to mold her after God's own heart. What a blessing to watch! (and read)

Rick Ross said...

You better be nice to my granddaughter or this daddy might have to do some pruning, too! I'm just joking. You are an incredible mom. My granddaughter made a good choice of parents.