Thursday, September 29, 2005

Today it is Fall!

Maybe not tomorrow or in 3 days but today feels like fall. It was the greatest feeling to walk outside this morning and get a breath of fresh air. I love the way the air feels today. It is beautiful. I love this time of year!

God's personality reflects in the seasons.

_____________________________________

I volunteered today at Malaya's school. Most days when I work ( I feel bad for calling it work b/c it is so much fun to me!) at the school I work in the Teacher's workroom but today Miss Rhodes had me work in the classroom all day so I got to sit and "secretly" watch Malaya all day. After our interesting week last week it was great to see her be so kind and loving towards her classmates. She gave hugs to a lot of the kids when she got there today. She sat in circle time with the cutest little smile on her face you have ever seen. Just watching her today made my heart smile:)

Now don't get me wrong--as sweet as I think her heart is, there is a little demon that still is creeping in occasionally and makes me wonder who in the world this little girl is. Hopefully our "demon" will not make his/her way any deeper:)

I love my little Kindergartener. Hopefully I can be a solid mom as we work this "special" phase.

5 comments:

Pearson Family said...

YEAH FALL! It was 42 degrees when we landed this morning in Colorado. YIKES! Talk about extremes, 104 yesterday and 42 today. Enjoy your weather!

Bev Ross said...

Hey! I expected nothing less from my precious grand one!
I am praying for you during this tough 'mommy time' - for wisdom and discernment. I can't wait to be with her today!

Rick Ross said...

I personally think you are hallucinating when it comes to my sweet granddaughter. What you described in the classroom is all I know of her. She is so hungry to take in the world and all it has to offer. What a special treat from God.

Bev Ross said...

Amen, Rick!

Melanie said...

I can't believe little Malaya is old enough to go to school! Is she teaching the class yet? Give her love for me!
Melanie