Monday, September 05, 2005

Putting it in Perspective!

The last few days have been days of overwhelming emotions. Several families from our church have found a hotel of refugees that we have adopted and are trying to serve. As we have visited with these familes and become involved in their lives it has been such a blessing to know their "simplicity". Even through such a devastating time for them it has put my life in perspective. These people have come here with nothing. They have no clothes, no shoes, no homes, no jobs, no food, NOTHING!! We are doing our best to get them back into "life". So many of the things I stress and worry about do NOT matter. Who cares what I am going to wear each day as long as I have clothes. These people ate bologna sandwiches for one whole week. Who cares what I am going to eat as long as I have something to eat. And so on and so on.
What a blessing it has been for several of us to witness and be a part of these people's lives. We have fallen in love with the sweet elderly woman named Brenda Joyce. She is a straight shooter and so witty. Her apartment is completely under water. They all have such intriging stories.
Please do not stop praying for these beautiful people and that those helping them will help them with wisdom and humility and most of all through the Lord's strength.

1 comment:

Bev Ross said...

My life has been changed by the events of the last few weeks! While looking at Jesus through the eyes of Luke, I see that the people in need always had His eyes and His love! Thanks, Jenny, for being His hands and His feet! I'm so proud of you!