Sunday, September 17, 2006

Update on Papa

Thanks again blogfriends for your prayers for Papa! What a miracle in him this weekend! On Friday, we were told at one point that he had kidney failure,was in ICU with cong. heart failure and a few other "not so hopeful" things. Today he is off his ventilator, kidneys are fine, no fever and in a normal room!! I am so grateful that he is doing well! The docs do think he had a slight heart attack and we are waiting for results about that. I can't wait to give him a huge hug myself!! Thanks so much for lifting him up to the Lord!!

On a much lighter note--we just had the greatest weekend EVER!! We have never been on a trip (vacation that is, okay maybe mini vacation) just the three of us! We had such a fabulous time!!!!!! We went to Glen Rose for the weekend. We had such a great time just being together in nature and enjoying creation/rain:) We were relaxed and revived in many ways. I feel like I am thanking David with every breath! I can not wait to give details and show pics but that will have to come tomorrow!! I can not wait to share our trip with you!
Hope your weekend was good!

6 comments:

Margaret K said...

So glad your Papa is better!

I am happy you had a great trip! So sweet of David to surprise you.

Liz Moore said...

Praise God for your Papa doing so much better! It sounds like you had a much needed time away with your family. I can't wait for details! love ya!

Melanie said...

Jenny,

We're praying for Papa. And B and for the family. We love you.

Danna said...

Jenny, you and your family are in our prayers and I am so happy that your Papa is doing better.

Amber Smith said...

I'm so glad that your Papa is doing better. Wonderful!

A vacation to Glen Rose! Did you guys go to the Dinosaur National Park? I'm so glad that the three of you got to enjoy a relaxing get away. We've never really been on a vacation either. I'm excited to see the pictures and read all about it!

Amy C said...

You deserved to get away. I am happy you guys had a great time. I am also glad your Papa is doing better!