Friday, September 01, 2006

Thursday Thirteen



Thirteen jobs/careers I have had or dreamed of having:

Had:

1) Secretary at corporate office of Action Rent to Own. LOVED this job. I saved up my money to buy my first car, a white Chevy Cavalier. I made tons of great friends and those women shared in a very important part of my life! Due to desiring to murder one of my brothers ex-girlfriends who worked there I chose to quit this job. I should probably repent of this...;)

2) Worked in the library of Amberton University for 2 summers. A little boring but it was good.

3) Worked in the ACU library. Greatest job ever. Those people walked with me as I got engaged, married and found out I was having Malaya!! They will always be special people in my life. I loved the late night shifts working with a great lifetime friend. I loved getting to see everybody. My fav was when my cutie husband would come in and bring me a snack or dinner. I was really obsessive about shelving books. In fact, one summer I volunteered to reshelf the whole library and loved every minute of it!! :)

4) Worked at Mesquite dayschool as nursery person, PE teacher (I know my family is cracking up right now! Stop it!! ) and the coordinators assistant! Great job and Malaya loved it.

5)Southlake preschool as nursery teacher!! Oh, how I loved those babies and watching them grow throughout those 2 years.

Jobs I have dreamed of having:

6)Being a mom was always first and foremost. On all my elementary school papers they would ask "What do you want to be when you grow up." I always put, "A Mom, just like my Mom." This dream came true on April 10, 2000.

7) I then always dreamed of being a teacher but my plan was to do that after my kids were in school. Well, obviously I didn't finish college (I know some of you are cringing...) and really don't desire to go back to school at this time so I don't see this one happening any time soon. I was a few hours away from having my degree in Elem. Ed.

8) I also dreamed of being a marine biologist. I LOVE ocean animals. One of my fav places is Sea World!! But I realized that I probably needed to be able to swim without holding my nose so this was put on the back burner:) (My brothers are so laughing at me right now!)

9) I dreamed of being a child's psychologist but WAY too much school for this one!

10) I would love to go back to working in a library some day! I love shelving books, checking in and books, etc. I also love the quiet, I know I am weird!

11) I would LOVE to work in a post office sorting mail or having a route. I know this is weird too! But to me this would be so much fun! Sorting and throwing that mail into piles of zip codes is heaven to me!

12) I have considered working at a grocery store but I am not so good with technology and I think I would panic if I messed up while checking someone out. Same with a bank, considered it but something about dealing with people's money freaks me out!

13) I also had dreams of being a Children's Minister but due to almost everyone in my life working for churches, I think I will steer away from this challenge:)

11 comments:

Pearson Family said...

Wow. I didn't know you worked for Rent to Own...Or the whole marine biology thing. You amaze my Jenny Bizaillion. Thank you for loving Parker in preschool that .5 year and the many hours since!

Bev Ross said...

I don't know when I have had so much fun reading a blog!!! You are a delight!!! I did not know you volunteered to reshelf all the book in the ACU library! I LOVE your dreams!
I so enjoyed our lunch today. We desperately needed a reconnect time. I love you!

1literatimommy said...

You would be an excellent elementary teacher or librarian. One thing is for sure, no matter what jobs you do, I know God will guide you in all your pursuits.

Amy C said...

I am with you on almost all your list. You are not so weird. Wait, that might make you weird just sharing so many common interest with you. . .just kidding. I love ya!

Margaret K said...

I didn't know those things about you. Thanks for sharing!

Liz Moore said...

Your family shouldn't laugh... you did a great job as the P.E. teacher!! You would also make a wonderful child psychologist! I can definitely see you working in a library. And you are most definitely NOT weird!! So I guess you don't use the self checkout in the grocery store?!? :)

Amber Smith said...

Jenny-
I knew some of these, but some were a complete surprise. I think you would be good at a lot of these jobs. I'm with you, I think being a librarian would be great! (second to being a mom of course) You are too funny, Jenny Bizaillion! LOVED reading this post!

Rick Ross said...

I enjoyed reading your list. Reminded me of good memories. You are so special!

Phillips Family said...

You should be the director of a children's program at a library--you would be great! I had completely forgotten you worked at the ACU library until reading this.

If you become a child psychologist, perhaps we can go in business together :)

Melanie said...

Okay, I would love sorting the mail. I think I would spend way too much time daydreaming on what would be in each envelope. Love letters, sympathy cards, bills, junk, junk, junk, love letters, love letters.

Jennifer Ross said...

I am trying to catch up on these blogs by re-entering the computer world with a new email:
It is jenn.ross@yahoo.com!

I DEFINTITELY a little spark of your organization to recover my kitchen after wall paper peeling.