Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thursday Thirteen and a Fun Surprise!

First thing's first!!! We have another cousin on the way!! My middle bro and sister in law are expecting their first baby in May!! They will be such great parents!! I can not wait to share some more auntie love!! Congrats to Josh and Kayci and little baby "Boss"!! Love you already!



My 13 most favorite tv shows/movies when I was growing up:
1. Reading Rainbow - It was really good when it first came out.

2. Little House on the Prairie

3. Jem - I know there are other fans out there for this one!

4. Dukes of Hazzard - Friday nights spending the night at my great-g-parents we would watch Dukes, then Falcon Crest, then 20/20 (and sometimes Dallas).

5. Saved by the Bell - Yes, I was one of the millions of little girls that was going to marry Zack. I did cry though when Zack and Kelly broke up.

6. Happy Days and later Joni Loves Chachi

7. Speed Racer

8. The Cosby Show (I think we have seen every episode. Every Thursday night after brothers baseball we would go to Mr. Gatti's with friends and watch it on the big screen.)

Movies I liked to watch with Mom

9. Kramer vs. Kramer

10. Rock in Roll Mom (We watched this so many times!!)

11. All the Beach Party movies with Frankie Avalon and Annette ??? (don't know how to spell her last name)

12. Adam ( when our country went on high alert about kidnappings this movie was very popular)

13. Jaws ( I know a little rough, but I was very fascinated with sharks for a stage of my life. After I watched the movies though I was terrified to take a bath, thinking that a great white would somehow squeeze it's huge body through the pipes and into my bath water. So weird!! :)

That just made me want to look up the Beach Party movies on Netflix and make David watch them with me. Please, do not warn him, I will surprise him!! :)

11 comments:

Margaret K said...

Congratulations, Jenny, Malaya, David and Ross Family!!!

Loved Happy Days, Joanie Loves Chachi, The Mandrell Sisters, Solid Gold, Love Boat, Fantasy Island and my absolute favorite was Dukes of Hazzard. I loved watching it with my older brother Richard. It was about the only thing a 6 year old and 16 year old could have in common.

Jaws terrified me, too. Remember...I think it was "Alligator"? I was afraid of swimming pools after that one.

Rick Ross said...

What about me? Didn't you like The Cowboys, The Sons of Katy Elder, and They Call Me Trinity?

Tell David to come over on your beach party night. We'll watch Braveheart or The Patriot.

You watched Speed Racer? I didn't remember that. I do remember the loooooooonnnnnnngggggg Sunday afternoons when the TV was tuned to Anne of Green Gables.

Liz Moore said...

First of all congratulations to Kayci, Josh and the rest of the family!! How exciting!! I like all of those! Even though Saved by the Bell was after my time, I watched it with Ashley. I can still get caught up in an episode when it happens to come on Nick or something. And I still love the Cosby Show!!! Bill Cosby is hilarious! And I love his practical parenting!!

Unknown said...

Yeah for another cousin in the family! How fun.
We watched Falcon Crest and Dallas and my brother made me watch boy shows like Robotech which was Japanimation. I loved Jem too. I also remember watching Matlock with my parents and I loved Andy Griffith. I still watch rerun on TV with him!

Bev Ross said...

I LOVE Rock and Roll Mom! Where is it????? What about The Cutting Edge - 'toe-pick'??????

Phillips Family said...

"Adam" made me terrified of being kidnapped. Probably should have never watched that one due to my overactive imagination....

Loved Jem and still love the Cosby Show and watch it on occasion.

I totally remember the mini-series Alligator about gaters being in the swamps of NYC. Again, should have never watched it and refused to swim in any type of water where I could not see the bottom.

amerriman said...

I loved the Dukes of Hazzard too! My big show was Dallas, I can't believe my mom let me watch it with her.

Unknown said...

Angie, I have the DVD of Season 3 of Dallas at my house now! JR is about to get shot... he's just double crossed Kristen and Sue Ellen!

Melanie said...

Congrats!! Can't wait for this new one's arrival! So many old classics! Brings back some great memories!

Amy C said...

Yeah new cousins. Baby love is always great.

Dukes of Hazzard and Cosby were hit with me too. I also loved Pipi Longstocking, Elvis movies and Shirley Temple movies. I have never seen Jaws, but I loves SoulTrain on Saturdays with grandpa.

Kayla said...

OH Jenny! I didn't know you had a blog. I might stay up all night catching up on you all. I miss you all so much. LOVE YOU!