Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thirteen Things I Loved About Our Trip to Glen Rose!

First off----My Papa goes home tomorrow!! To think, a week ago, we weren't sure if was going to make it through the day! Praise God!!

Now for my list:
1. Getting to be with my 2 most favorite people in the whole world!!
2. Getting to stay in a fun cabin/bed and breakfast with them!
3. Getting to go to Fossil Rim Wildlife with them! This was such an amazing experience!! I HIGHLY recommend this for your family! It is pricey but SOOOO worth it!


As you can see the animals get right into your car with you:) Malaya thinks these pics of me are so funny! David and Malaya were much more "friendly" on their side. I was a little more apprehensive especially when the animals are so close to your face they could kiss you!

4.Going hiking and biking in Dinosaur Valley. We had so much fun! We have determined we want to try to more of a nature family:) We loved it!


5. In the back yard of our cabin we had a 1/4 mile walking trail with dinosaur replicas everywhere. We walked this at least a hundred times. Here are some pics--


6. A Christian couple owns this set of cabins and she makes breakfast for all the guests each morning. First morning we had quiche and fresh fruit and fresh orange juice. The second morning we had a breakfast cinnamon cake and a breakfast casserole. It was so yummy. She also had gifts each morning for Malaya. One was the mask you can see in the above pics, which we all enjoyed:)

7. We enjoyed so much just getting away and relaxing.

Not quite sure who needed to relax most:)

8. Malaya and David wrote out a worship service for us to do Sunday morning. Malaya designated herself as the worship leader (don't worry, we won't let her do it any more after she is 10:). David was the preacher and I filled in when needed with prayers and communion thoughts and family announcements. We worshipped in the garden behind our cabin.

Here is Malaya leading us in worship!

We used crackers left from dinner the night before and purple Gatorade represented Jesus' blood. Hey, it's the thought, right:)

9. It was so amazing getting to see hundreds of REAL dinosaur tracks in the river bed. The water was very low so God gave us a great gift and we were able to walk and follow the paths of several dinosaurs. We followed their dragged tail tracks. It was just so amazing to imagine ourselves walking RIGHT WHERE DINOSAURS walked! This was really cool!

10. Watching Malaya and David climb some really steep walls of some of the hills! It freaked me out but they had a blast, the little dare devils!

11. Getting to snuggle as a family at night!

12. Not watching any tv. We played gamed and worked puzzles. Our cabin had an old record player with records. So at night we played those and danced. Malaya is a really good dancer in case you didn't know:)

13. MY FAV thing of the whole trip was on Sunday afternoon! We decided to go hike the biggest mountain. 3 miles!! We talked, sang songs, encouraged each other to keep going, helped each other up and down tough parts! It was great! And the best part was when we got to the very top of this hill it started to POUR rain. I don't just mean sprinkle. I mean POUR!! It was beautiful. I had never experienced something so wonderful but it did make things extra slippery! We tried to pick up the speed a bit b/c of the rain. We got to a cliff that was a straight drop down that we had to climb down. David got Malaya down safely and he was telling me step by step where to put my feet, my hands, my rear, etc. I missed one of the footings and slipped and fell quite a ways onto my rear and scraped up my back and rear. I only stopped b/c David caught me. I was scared at first and then started dying laughing as the rain poured over us. I really don't know why I found such joy in that fall. Maybe b/c I have painful reminders of our great time. But it was so great. To hear Malaya's sweet giggle as the rain just drenched down her face. Or seeing David look so hot and sexy all soaked :). I don't know, it was just fun!! We did make it down after a couple of hours and we were soaked!!

We got back to the truck. Put on dry clothes in the truck. Drove out of the park. And drove straight to the best place you can after a good hard day of hiking--Subway. And then got home right in time for bed!

It was a weekend I will never forget! I feel like I have left out so many great details! Oh well! It was refreshing in many ways and such a blessing for all 3 of us!! Maybe there will be more Bizaillion hiking stories to come!!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great time!

Tiersa said...

I'm jealous! Sounds so fun! Malaya is growing so fast. Miss you.

Liz Moore said...

I am sooo glad your papa is doing so much better! He and B are very special people! It looks like you had a wonderful time on your trip! We love Dinosaur Valley. It is one of our favorite places to camp, especially with a group of people. We have had many worship services up on the cliff overlooking the river. I think it's about as close as you can get to heaven on earth. It is breathtaking! Camping is great family time together out in God's beautiful creation. We love it!

Melanie said...

I love such special family moments! The pictures are great! I love the ones with you and the animals! So funny! And FYI You lauging at people hurting themselves, #1 ever, steps+communion+crawling=?

Rick Ross said...

Sounds like a blast! I am so, so glad you all got to have such a special time together.

jenny biz said...

Melanie, you just made me die laughing!!!:):)

Pearson Family said...

We need to take Parker!!! So glad you had so much fun!!!!

Bev Ross said...

Pictures are great! Sounds like a total blast! I am delighted you guys had so much fun! (Melanie, I am laughing out loud just remembering the scene!)

Phillips Family said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love the fact that you had family announcements in your special worship service!

Margaret K said...

Sounds like a great time. I think family vacations are so important. Even if it is just camping 30 minutes away from your house.

Amber Smith said...

Jenny,
That sounds like so much fun! Those are just the kind of family times I love. No tv, worshipping together, and time spent enjoying nature. Sounds like a blast! I haven't been to Dinosaur Valley since elementary school. Your post makes me want to go back. I'm glad you guys had such a wonderful time making special memories together! Love ya!

amerriman said...

So much fun! That sounded like great family time. I love all the pictures. You really have a blessed family!

Amy C said...

Sounds like the perfect family vacation. We need to do one of those. I am glad you had a great time. We need to go visit the dinosaurs!

Liz Moore said...

Jenny,
I'm praying for Papa and for all of you. love you.

Holly said...

What a great family trip! I love the pics.

Kayla said...

I posted like 12 messages tonight reading through all your blogs. I am so glad to find your site. You are all so precious!

Kim Q. said...

YAY! For your FABULOUS trip! I have wanted to go to Fossil rim since the first week we were here!!!! I have heard so much about it! Seeing and hearing about your trip, makes me desire it even more! I want to see more pics I bet they are great!!! I love you dearly Jenny B! You and your family are a priceless gift!

Jodi said...

Jenny! I found your blog through Paige's, and it was so good to see your sweet face and your sweet family! I will be checking in on you now! LOVE this blog thing! :)
-Jodi (Gray)

Pearson Family said...

When you gonna update this thang!? SLACKER!

Tiersa said...

Just thinking about you today - what about communion and crawling...