Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!

Well, Malaya is back at school after being home for 2 and a half weeks. David is working back at the courthouse. I am sitting in our big chair wondering where I should begin with holiday clean-up. Toys are everywhere, laundry is in need of being done, and many other things but...it can all wait a little longer. We got back from Houston last night and we had a great time with our family down there. The environment down there is fast-paced! We are constantly going! Malaya loves being with her cousins and it is so neat to watch her play with them and develop relationships with them. I always love being with my sister in law. She is 4 months pregnant so we did a lot of visiting on the couch:) I also enjoyed being with my other sister in law and her new husband. It makes David and I giggle as we watch them deal with a lot of the same things we did! She and I beat the whole family in a game of Mafia. The victory was sweet! We had a really good time with them!
We went as a family to see Chronicles of Narnia! HIGHLY recommend this movie if you have not seen it. We did not take the kids. They saw Chicken Little. We will wait a year or so to let Malaya watch it but I really can not wait to watch it with her. It was amazing to see how well this movie was made. The graphics were outstanding! But the story was the best. I had read these stories as a kid but I had forgotten all the details. It was such a beautiful story and the symbolism was just amazing! I will not share too many details in case you haven't seen it.

I am excited about 2006! 2005 began with anger, bitterness, instability for our family, and lots of other feelings that we were more of Satan than of God-that's for sure! I have learned so much about God's redemption, His love, and so many other things. He has been at grueling work within my heart and even though his work has been hard, I truly pray that he continues His work in me and that He will go to even deeper parts of my heart to reveal the things in me that are not of Him. 2006 is not going to be about Jenny Bizaillion. There will definitely be times daily that I will sin and try to make it about me again but I am devoted to being intentional about not keeping my focus inward. What a waste of life if I allow myself to stay there!
I have made several goals for 2006. I am passionate and determined to fulfill those goals.

Hope your 2006 is off to a great beginning!

6 comments:

Bev Ross said...

We saw Narnia too! It was wonderful, wasn't it?? Thanks for letting Malaya call me last night! What a blessing to have a fellow-chatter!
You know even though '05 and '06 have started on polar ends of the spectrum for us - God has been the same in both. Ever-present and ever-loving and ever-blessing people whose hearts are given to Him! He is so faithfal. To live in His favor and in His blessing don't always mean (if ever) absence of pain and discomfort. Mary was most highly favored but told that a sword would pierce her soul!
I LOVE your intentional talk! Have I told you my definition? HA!

Rick Ross said...

I also highly recommend Narnia. Beautiful movie. Let's not tell Hollywood that it is about Jesus. That might make them decide not to do a sequel.

I share your feelings about the way the last two years have started. But bitterness is not a fun place to camp. God is bigger than any of the pettiness of humans. And He has an incredible way of always making things right. But here is the best thing: He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Joel said...

Jenny,

Your passion for a pure heart and an others centered attitude preach to me and so many an authentic sermon daily. I praise God for you and am glad we get to serve Christ together.

Melanie said...

I can't wait to see Narnia. As soon as Richard gets a day off, we're going to see it! I'm so glad that you are enjoying David's family!!!! God is definitely working in you, Jenny, and 2006 will be a blessed year for you!! A new Ross is on the way!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read your blog in a long time, but I really feel like I have missed out! I don't just mean this one.

I loved Narnia too. We saw it with the kids. I had no clue it was gonna be so scary. Blake was fine. I can't wait until the kids are a little older and will enjoy it for movie nights.

Being room mom is a gift. Not everyone has that gift. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to get up to the school. The kids love to have their moms at school.

I feel so nosy, but I am gonna go read all the sweet things people wrote to you now. Amy Cooper

Holly said...

Happy New Year, Jenny!