Monday, January 09, 2006

Random Nothings

Well, since it has been almost a week since I have blogged I figure I should journal something about my life so that I don't look back on this day and think "Man, Jenny! Your life was really boring in Jan. of 2006."
So here's just a bunch of random hoo-haw!

Christmas is put up and back in the attic. I do have a few Christmas dishes left but hey the majority is done.

We are having a hard time getting back in good sleeping schedule after the holiday. Since starting Kinder, Malaya has been up and ready to go to school most mornings but this last week I have pulled her out of bed at 7:50. (We leave for school at 8:10.) Thankfully we pick out what she is going to wear the night before so that is ready to go. I brush my teeth, throw on my daily attire of sweats, throw the hair in my normal hair-do (ponytail), I grab breakfast that she eats in the car, and we are running into our day. I really don't enjoy starting our days that way. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Our ocean of babies began being born today. The Ayers baby was born today. This is a very exciting and changing time for many of our friends! Can't wait to hold them all and remember when Malaya was that little (or not so little). It is amazing to look into the face of a newborn baby and wonder about what they are going to be, what role they are going to play in life, church, ministry, etc. So moldable, yet God's fingerprints are marked all over their new little bodies. I need to stop typing this stuff before I start snort crying:)

Brother and sister in law (Jonathan and Jennifer) are starting a new job. He will be the worship leader for Bamel Road Church of Christ in Houston. I am very excited for them. They start March 1st.They are both so talented and will be HUGE servants in the church there. It is just weird to think about little bro' being a professional, working MAN! And on top of that about to be a Dad. WOW!!

Other brother Josh and Kayci are on the prowl for a Pulpit position. I can't wait to see what God ends up doing with their willing spirits. They are seeking His will whole-heartedly and I know whereever they go that God's word will be preached and people's hearts will be challenged to be more like Jesus!

Do you ever have those conversations with God that go something like this--

Jenny: WIll, you please just do something with my life??
God: I am at work and you will see someday.
Jenny: Could I have a result now please.
God: Not done yet (as you can just picture God just chipping and hammering and pushing your heart into place)
Jenny: God, I truly am ready.
God: Not today
Jenny: Tomorrow??
God: (laughing at my stubborn, immature spirit)
Jenny: (stomping my feet) WHEN??????
God: make it all about ME, my daughter, make it all about me

Those words have been going through my head on a consistent basis for a few weeks now--It's not about me (jenny), It's all about you (God). It's not about me, It's all about you. It's not about me. It's all about you.........

Will I ever get it?? I am so grateful He is so patient with me.

On that note-off to go play Strawberry Shortcake with Malaya!

5 comments:

Phillips Family said...

I remember seeing sweet Malaya for the first time at Kojie Breakfast one year. What a precious baby! As one of our moms with an "older" child, you are such a great example to us newbies!
Strawberry shortcake?! I want to come play....

Rick Ross said...

I share your struggle, Jenny. Every day takes a concerted effort to make it NOT about me. But let's continue the struggle. I'm confident it will be worth it.

Pearson Family said...

Snort crying? Mine must be called ugly face crying then. Thank you for the example you set for me daily, with your walk, your child, and your husband. And let's not forget the must anticipated GH talk!

Bev Ross said...

Jenny, I agree with Summer! I LOVE your rambles! You are such an encouragement to me! Can't wait to see where the Lord leads all of us in '06 - more depth with Him, I pray!

Jennifer Ross said...

I can DEFINITELY relate to your "When God?" conversation!
Thanks for the words of wisdom...YES, wisdom...AND as soon as we know any moving details, we will let you know. Until then, just keep praying!