Wednesday, January 11, 2006

God-I have a problem!

When we got home today, Malaya asked if she could watch cartoons. I told her we would eat lunch and then she could watch a cartoon. Then she asked if she could eat lunch in the living room. I told her that we were not going to eat lunch in the living room. We were going to have lunch at the table (as usual) and THEN she could watch a cartoon. As I was getting lunch ready she came walking in the kitchen with her ever so grown up walk and her hands on her hips and she said in a very "16 year oldish" way, "Mom, I was BORN to watch t.v." I thought in my head, WHAT in the world. I start to ramble off all the typical things like, "Oh yeah, little missy-You were BORN to live your life for Jesus, to be a servant and to NOT talk back to your mother." But I didn't rattle off those things. I just giggled to myself b/c I heard Beverly Ross (my mother) in her "I was born to (insert whatever she is doing at the moment)" I have heard my mom say this so many times: I was born to make tea. I was born to work puzzles. I was born to lay on the beach and read books all day. etc. etc. etc. Cracks me up!
____________________________

My grandfather came out of his surgery well. We are so grateful. The doctor prayed over the surgery and my grandfather before they went in so that was very comforting to family that the surgeon was a Jesus follower. Prase God for that and I pray his recovery is quick!
____________________________

Special shout out to Kelli Fletcher today! Happy Birthday Kelli!! Hope you are partying your day away:)

7 comments:

Holly said...

Do you think there is a little of Jenny in her? So cute...you are such a great mom, Jenny. I just love reading your blogs. I am glad your Grandfather is doing well. We will pray for his recovery. Love you girl!

Pearson Family said...

I am BORN to...I don't know. Isn't that crazy? I am so glad your grandfather is doing well.

Unknown said...

I can picture Malaya with her hands on her hips! Thanks for the birthday shout... so far the next decade isn't too traumatic!
So glad for your grandfather to be doing well.

Rick Ross said...

That cracks me up! If Malaya ends up like her Grammy, the world will be double-blessed.

Melanie said...

Jenny,
Give Papa and "B" our love. I miss them both! Especially "B"'s poundcake!! Malaya may look just like David, but she is her grammy over and over! Love you guys!

Rick Ross said...

I read your blog to your mother (she's still in Tyler). She said thanks for giving her something to giggle about today.

Amber Smith said...

Oh no! Josh and I had a good laugh about this one. We especially liked what you called the "typical" responses. I wish those were the typical responses that I would think to give! You are doing a great job with Malaya!