Sunday, April 08, 2007

Philly and New York

We have had a fast and furious last few weeks! I had the HUGE blessing of traveling with KidStand to Philadelphia last weekend. Jessie taught 4 workshops and we put on a rally on Friday night. It was neat to see the Lord work through the rally and see people get pumped up to teach kids about Jesus. The workshop got finished Saturday afternoon and we had a few hours to do some "sight seeing". We decided to be very spontaneous and we took a train into New York! This WILL go down as one of the highlights of my life. It was all so overwhelming and just like the movies. I tried sushi for the first time ever and probably will not be eating it again:) Here is Jess leading the adults and a few kids in worship. This was an interactive workshop to teach children's leaders some motions to children's songs! We had a blast!
On the train to New York! (Man, sitting between these 2 I desperately need a tan and some highlights :)I made a great new friend, Susan Gray on the right. She challenged me spiritually in some major ways. She is a worship leader and has a praise and worship CD out. I loved getting to know her. And then of course Jessie is on the left. I praise God for her friendship this past year. She has taught me so much and is faithful in prayer and seeking God's will for her. Talk about using her talents for God! I love these friends! My first sushi experience!When we walked up stairs from the train station this was my sight! I was just in awe!! New York is an interesting city. I saw some things that I have never seen and probably will never see again! We definitely were not in Texas anymore:)

1 comment:

Margaret K said...

How fun to have such an adventure. I love NY. My mom and I lived there for 6 months when I was a sophmore in highschool. I would live there again in a heartbeat!