Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Thursday Thirteen



Thirteen things I love about my bath time: (which I am about to go enjoy:)

1) The scalding hot water on my skin. It is truly one of the greatest feelings in the world. AND it IS NOT hot enough unless my skin has 3rd degree burns when I get out:)

2)Cleaning my face with my BC cleanser.

3) Having time to reflect on my day.

4)Praying

5) Thinking and dreaming.

6) Singing at the top of my lungs. (I turn the vent on so it isn't quite so loud for the fam. )

7) Sometimes listening to music

8) Sticking my head under water to get my hair wet. But keeping my ears under EXTRA long so that I can't hear anything else:)

9) Sometimes I will give up my selfishness and Malaya will come in and talk to me. This is very rare b/c I covet my bath time but the older Malaya gets the more fun it is to have conversations with her.

10) Sometimes enjoying a relaxing bubble bath (this is also rare but I LOVE it when I take time out to do it.!

11) I love taking baths when I am getting ready to "dress up" to go out with my hubby! Also very rare but one of my fav things to do!! I have been known to spend up to an hour in the tub. Even letting water out and running it a second, sometimes even 3 times. Ask ANYONE in my family. Brothers hated this growing up!! Mom and I would compete for the hot water.

12) I think my baths is what yogo is to some people. It is my time to relax, calm myself, relax all my muscles, and go into my own peaceful place with God.

13) I think I have passed the obsession on to my daughter. Malaya has grown to covet her bathtime too. She hasn't always been a bath lover but the older she gets it the more she likes it. She has learned to appreciate the relaxation of it, the girlyness of it, and she loves it when I go in and talk to her about her day.

Now I am off to go enjoy all these things...Take time out this next week to enjoy a bath. It could potentially be lifechanging:)

9 comments:

Pearson Family said...

YOGO! I think you mean YOGA! I love baths too and am really not liking Parker taking over my tub. there have been a few times I have gone in to soak and veg only to find a tub full of foam letters, plastic fish, and a squeeze devil. No thanks. I love the fact you turn on the fan so that the fam can't hear you sing.

Phillips Family said...

The first house Tobe and I lived in had a huge garden tub (only redeeming quality of that establishment) and I could have lived in the tub alone. Glad you have this time to enjoy your bath.

Rick Ross said...

That's why my water bill dropped in half when you left home!:)

Actually, your mother has never met a hot water heater that she could not empty when taking a bath.

Kim Q. said...

AAAHHHH! so refreshing! Good for you! All the Quile girls love them too! Few drops of lavendar, lights out, candles lit, Enya playing...

I loved having a Taco Bueno picnic in the foyer with you and Malaya yesterday! I love you oodles!

Unknown said...

I have also been known to drain the bath one or two times and start over! I love baths. I have used up the water heater so many times that Scott has been looking into the cost of a perpetual heat water heater...one that never runs out! Bath stuff is my all time favorite thing.

Bev Ross said...

I LOVE that your passing on our little tradition to the next generation!!!! Nothing better than a LOOOOOONG hot bath to discover the real meaning of life! One of my favorite things about cordless phones is that I can chat with my good friends and family (particularly my little Malaya) while totally submerged in hot water - just chillin'!

Amber Smith said...

Me too! Me too! I LOVE a good bath. I've never actually run the bathwater twice, though. That is a SERIOUS bath lover!

Amy C said...

I run the water repeatedly too, but sometimes I run a very shallow bath to scrub and then rinse with clear as the tub drains and then was my hair as it is so much fun to submerge my whole head and then run a fresh tub to condition. Nice to know I have clean frineds too. I have my best ideas in the tub. Lavender incense sticks from L'Occitane, lights out, ahhh. . .Yoga is good too!

Kayla said...

You always were a bath girl. I remember you taking them all the time at our apartment. Shoot, I can't remember the name of it!