Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's a Boy!!

Just got a call from my little brother and they are having a little boy!! I am so excited and there is no one here to share the news with so I am sharing with blog world!! Malaya told me yesterday that even if it is a boy she is still going to put makeup on him and play dress up so look out Jonathan and Jennifer and especially little Jedidiah. That will be his name! They may not call him that but that will be his official name!! I love it!
2 Samuel 12:24 and 25 - "She gave birth to a son, and they named him Solomon. The Lord loved him; and because the Lord loved him, he sent word through Nathan the prophet to name him Jedidiah. " In my side notes it says The giving of this name suggests that the Lord's favor rested on Solomon from his birth. And since the name also contained an echo of David's name, it provided assurance to David that the Lord also loved him and would continue his dynasty.
WOW!! I pray that Jedidiah along with Malaya will continue to pass down for generations to come the name and spirit of Jesus.
"And we must tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord"!! Amen!
I am a proud aunt!! Congrats Jon and Jen!!

7 comments:

Pearson Family said...

YEAH A BOY! What fun Malaya will have dressing him up! You will be a great aunt!

Melanie said...

Congrats! Little Jed! How exciting! Watch out Wooden Soldier! Here comes Grammy!

Bev Ross said...

I can't wait to go shopping!!!!! I am delighted!

Unknown said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for them! I'm so glad they could find out this morning!

Amber Smith said...

Yea!! What a blessing! I am so excited for you and also for Malaya! Wonderful!

Jennifer Ross said...

Your blog says it PERFECTLY!!
Thanks so much for the encouragement and prayers! Malaya will be an AWESOME cousin!!!!

Jen

Holly said...

Boys are great! What a blessing!