Thursday, February 09, 2006

College Roomies!

I got to spend some time this week with my college roomates. Not only were these girls my college roomies but we also went to high school together. We had the best time!! We talked about old boyfriends and old high school experiences. We have so many great memories from Poteet High School and MCoC youth group. Then we went to ACU together. We gained the Freshman 15 together. We exercised together to lose the freshman 15. We were together daily (when one of us wasn't out with a boy:) We pledged together. We were in each other's weddings. They dropped to the floor (literally) when I told them I was expecting Malaya. I have recently gotten to celebrate with them as they welcomed their sweet boys into this world.
We talked about "mommyhood". We talked about God's activity in our lives. We talked about what we desire Him to do in our lives.
Through all this conversation I was reminded what a HUGE impression these women made in my life. They have represented Jesus to me in so many ways.
We have laughed together, cried together, celebrated together, had many sleepless nights daydreaming and talking about what our lives were going to be like one day:). We have prayed together, worshipped together, encouraged each other in our walks, and so many other things!!
I can't wait to tell Malaya about some (not all:) of our memories and watch her as she one day develops these life long friends! Love you, roomies!!

6 comments:

Phillips Family said...

College Roomies are the best! Glad you had some quality time with the girls!

Holly said...

Love you too, girl! I replied :)

Bev Ross said...

I prayed for and over these girlfriends many, many times. The Lord used you all to powerfully minister to each other and to your moms! Isn't He just like that!?!?!!? Debbie, Jane, and I had some great times too! I LOVE sweet memories!

MereMoore said...

that sounds like SO much fun! i have been missing all of my girlfriends lately! glad you had such a special time!

Pearson Family said...

UPDATE!

Amy C said...

Please come back Jenni, I miss you. I check your blog at least 2 or 3 times a day to see if you have any word for me.