Wednesday, December 21, 2005

SHOPPING IS DONE!!

SSSSIIIIGGGGHHHH!!

My 2005 Christmas shopping is complete! I am taking a blogging break before I jump into a few hours of wrapping! I am so excited about being with family the next week or so. Family starts coming in tomorrow! YEA!!

As I was driving to run some errands Monday morning I got this overwhelming realization of the enormous things God has done in my life this past year. He has taught me so much, my heart truly does not feel the same. His forgiveness, love, patience, pleading, comfort (and many more things) has showered over me in miraculous, unexplainable ways. And it truly is unexplainable. Have you ever tried to explain it?? I truly can not even put it into words except just to say God is amazing...He is true...He is steady...He works miracles...He loves EVERYONE unconditionally...He is full of grace...His blood never runs out...He is the Judger--NOT ME (as much as I try to be:)...Him revealing himself to me is endless...He is so full of characteristics that I could spend a life time and never know the depth of Him.
This past year I have fallen so much deeper in love with him! I always thought it was kind of weird when people said that, but it is so true.
I will save my goals and dreams for this next year in a New Year's post.

Bringing this back to Christmas :)--Can you truly believe that God sent His son (himself in flesh) to be "us". It amazes me. I think about Mary and how her heart must have felt when that angel told her that she was carrying the Savior/her son would save the world from eternal damnation!! What a deep love she must have had for Jesus. It truly is a miracle. The devil had to have been throwing a fit the day of his birth. Absolutely amazing!!

I hope you all have a great season of giving and I hope you have some time of reflection of what God has done in your life this past year.

6 comments:

Pearson Family said...

So glad that you are finished! What blessings God brings us, especially His one and only son!

Amber Smith said...

Wow Jenny! I am so glad that you have continued to grow such a deep love of God in the past year! I hope that this love will continue to grow next year, and the next, and the next... Sometimes I get that same feeling, that I just can't believe what He has done for me, and why on earth He loves me as much as He does. Thanks for your thoughts. Have a wonderful time with your family!

Bev Ross said...

Congrats on finishing the 05 shopping! What a huge sigh of relief! I am so looking forward to the next week or so hanging out with you! I love being with our family!
Thanks so much for sharing your reflections on your growth! I love that! Continue on, girlfriend!

Danna said...

Jenny I am so glad for you. Finishing your shopping is great and wonderful, however, growing closer to God and falling in love with him is the best. I hope for you a wonderful Christmas with your family and a Happy New Year. Love ya'll.

Melanie said...

I love the song "Mary Did You Know" for those reasons. Have a great Christmas and give the family love from the Wiggy's!

Rick Ross said...

Only a few hours of wrapping? Must have only gotten 5 or 6 gifts, huh? Oh, I forgot. That's my timetable for wrapping.

God is incredible. It seems that everything He does is done in a way to leave us speechless. To have come in the vulnerable form of a baby! Incredible.

Isn't it a blast -- this growing in the Lord thing?