Thursday, December 15, 2005

Room Mom Update and Christmas Tag!

What a relief!! My first BIG duty as "Room Mom" is complete! I have been so nervous all week but it is finally completed! We had our Christmas (I mean Winter) Party today. It was a lot of fun! The kids seemed to have a great time and I had great parents that were tons of help!!
Have I said before how much I LOVE being up at Malaya's school. I am that dork who LOVES volunteering-I LOVE cutting, running copies, running school errands, etc. and I have LOVED being Room Mom. I am such a nerd!!
Anyway--
Here is a FUN little Christmas "quiz" tag that I got from Paige!! EVERYONE who is reading this, consider yourself tagged!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We wrap gifts to each other but on Christmas morning, the gifts Santa leaves are not wrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Absolutely WHITE and I do love the icicle ones!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I should! I 'll take a kiss (from David of course) whenever I can get it:)
5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon as possible after Thanksgiving!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Hot rolls and Peanut Butter/Fudge candy
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? opening gifts as our little family and then going to Groveton to do Christmas with Hutson's and grandparents.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Not sure, I think I knew early but I still "pretend" that he really does exist!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No way!!
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Usually sugar but we always leave candies too.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT
12. Can you ice skate? Are you kidding!! No way!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Any time I get new clothes it is exciting but I can't pin down a favorite!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family and giving gifts.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Fudges, candies, etc.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? There are many!! Shopping with Mom, reading the Night Before Christmas, the night before Christmas:) We always read it when I was little and I have read it to Malaya every year whether she listened or not!
17. What tops your tree? a silver star
18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? for sure giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? O Holy Night or I Saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? In the middle-they are okay!

How fun!! Now it is your turn--

2 comments:

Cassey said...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? from my mom presents are wrapped from her and Sant leavs thing unwrapped .. but from mygrandparenst EVERYTHING they get us is from Santa .. Still is
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Absolutely all of them I really like the blue ones
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon as possible after Thanksgiving!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My Grandmothers Caramel corn ... Not a Dessert .. a snack ..
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? beliveing that I was going to stay awake all night and see Santa .. I always fell asleep by 8 .
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Kids at school ..
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? yes .. and usually one and few days before becasue my mom like to open presents
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? My grandmother made us leave carrots ...
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT
12. Can you ice skate? yes !
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? .. No ..
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The family Togetherness
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My granmothers fudge or carmel corn
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Putting up the decorations
17. What tops your tree? and Elf
18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? for sure giving
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? O Holy Night , silient , night , the firt Noel , I love all of them really though
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yumm Untill you have to eat alot of them

Bev Ross said...

OK, finally! I didn't want to respond until I had time to do the tag - I put it on my blog. I am soooo proud of you being Malaya's room mom! She will not forget it! It is a rich tradition in our family! Thanks for carrying it on! You know what, I LOVED being your room mom more than you loved having me do it! One more thing, when I was a teacher, I would have LOVED having a room mom just like you!