Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Battling through prayer!

When David is gone, I put Malaya in bed with me when I go to bed. We love to snuggle but the main reason I do it is because I lay there beside her, I stare at her angelic, beautiful face and I pray over her. I plead before God to help me be the mom that Malaya Bizaillion needs. I pray over different jouneys of her life. I pray for her future friends. I pray for her future husband. I pray for her purity. I pray that she will be a strong, confident woman of God and of His word. I pray for her physical health.
Every once in a while a full a STRONG pull from the Holy Spirit to pray the following prayer and every single time I feel like the Holy Spirit is ripping the words from my heart and mouth because they are so hard to pray: I pray that He (God) will do WHATEVER it takes to make her a true, wholehearted believer. This brings tears to my eyes even typing this because I know from personal experience that many times the only way us stupid humans "get it" and become truly devoted is through pain and devestating experiences. What parent wants their child to experience this-selfishly, NOT ME!! I dread these times as a mom. My heart already aches for these times. BUT--in a deeper part of my heart, I give thanks to Our God who is control of IT ALL and DOES NOT FORSAKE US. He is ALMIGHTY, Alpha and Omega!! AMAZING!!!! And that through those hard, painful times I pray that my flesh, Malaya, will choose her Lord and will choose faithfulness!! I can battle for her through prayer.
My love for Malaya goes so deep!

Thank you Father, for being my foundation. May I teach my daughter to lean on that same rock. Thanks God for letting me be Malaya's mom. May I never forget what you have done for me and what you will do for her!!

2 comments:

Joel said...

Jenny,

Thank you for snuggling with your daughter. Thank you for pleading. Thank you for praying dangerous prayers. Thank you for reminding us to battle through prayer. Thank you for your example. Thank you for your faith. Your words and really, your life, blessed me this morning and I am grateful for you.

Anonymous said...

Jenny, what a blessing that my little granddaughter gets you for mommy! Thank you for allowing the Lord to fill you with wisdom and discernment to disciple her into His arms! I love you and am so proud of you!