Monday, August 22, 2005

Back to Topics of Kindergarten

Well, I found out today that I am "Room Mom" of Malaya's class. I am very excited about this task. Though I have not one creative bone in my body, I can organize! I was told today that, "Organization is the most important thing for a room mom."
Being a Christian mom that has chosen to put my child in public school, I feel it is vitally important for me to be involved and active at her school. I want to be aware what my child is learning, who her friends are, what her environment is, etc. There are so many ways that she can be Jesus to so many kids. I am excited about that opportunity for her. Kindergarten is Malaya's first ministry:)
I am so excited about this year for both of us. Not only is this a whole new world for her but it is also a whole new stage as her mom. The life that David and I thought we would be living right now looks absolutely nothing like we had expected ( more blogs on that to come). So I am stepping into it not quite sure where my feet are going but I am concentrating firmly on the face of God so that I do not get distracted in this time of uncertainity. May God use me and Malaya to bring Him and His joy into people's lives!
What a fun year we have in store for us Biz's!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the line about kindergarten being Malaya's first ministry! How precious is that!

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
I love your attitude and focus. Not only is this Malaya's new ministry, but yours as well. I am praying God will open your eyes to opportunity to minister to other Kindergarten Mommy's searching.

By the way, you are the perfect Room Mom. The School and Malaya's classroom is very lucky to have you. You are going to go down as the best room mom the Keller Schools have ever had and they have had some very good ones. They would retire your Jersey when Malaya graduates, if you were Jerseys. And Five years after Malaya graduates, you will be inducted into the Mom Room Hall of Fames.

Keep up the hard work.