Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Life is Rockin' and Rollin' Along

Well, I just got home from a meeting with 10 people that I will be working in ministry with for a phase of my life. We met for 4 hours and hearing hearts that are on fire for the Lord and His service has fired me up!! I am going to be doing administrative work for a company called Kidstand. If you are interested check out the website, www.kidstand.org And if anything, just say a prayer for this ministry. The website explains many more details. I am just so excited to get to be part of a team that is passionate about sharing Jesus with children. Our team has been asked to come to Africa in September and I am highly considering that trip. Much more prayer on that front!! I am sure I will be blogging about this more in the future...

We got back from Ruidoso on Friday night. We had a wonderful trip with our family, (mom, dad, both brothers and sister in laws, and of course my sexy hubby and beautiful daughter). Here is a run down of our 5 day trip:
Monday: Left Keller at 6:00P.M. and arrived in Ruidoso, NM at 3:00 a.m. (yes, we are crazy:)

Tuesday: woke up at 9:00 a.m., went for a drive through the mountains, saw the Ski Resort, did a little hiking to a mountain that had a breathtaking view. The clan sat and we were all speechless for a few minutes and then we worshipped our amazing creator together as a family. It was a blessing!! Then coming off of an intimate time with God, my brothers proceded to... no I won't tell the blogworld about it:) Malaya started feeling sick so I hiked while carrying a 60 pound child back to the car. I finally sat down on a rock and waited for the testosterone in our family to catch up. See my dad's blog for a cute story about this, www.rross.blogspot.com

Wednesday: woke up at 7:00 to head to Ski Apache! We had a great day. Malaya loved her little ski school and I was so impressed with how good she was. David had a blast and is ready to go back. I hung out with my 7 month pregnant sister in law for the day. After dinner we headed back to the house and watched American Idol and worked a 500 piece puzzle. My favorite thing--EVER!! "Amy" (aka Josh) came to visit. (I really hope I can figure out how to post some pictures. Our time with "Amy" is always one of the highlights of our trips. It is during that time that I laugh the hardest of the whole year!! She, I mean he, cracks me up!!

Thursday: All the guys except Jonathan went golfing. The girls headed out for some shopping and ice cream/fudge eating. We had a great time!! Josh and Kayci cooked dinner for us (it was delicious!!) and we watched a movie and worked 3 more puzzles.

Friday: We gathered things together and headed home. Arrived back in Keller about 10:30.

We had such a great trip. I have not spent much time in the mountains. It was just beautiful!! I loved the trees, the animals, the smell, the scenery!
Thanks Mom and Dad for a great trip!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun time. I'm happy you found a new ministry to be involved in. I hope you get to make that Africa trip.

Amy C said...

I am so excited about your new ministry opportunity i could scream. You should so go to Africa with them. I will be praying for the ministry and for the trip! I am so glad you and your family had such a great time. Welcome home. I love you. Amy

jenny biz said...

Thanks Sum Sum!! I got it changed! Love ya'! :)

Phillips Family said...

Go to Africa!!!!! It will be one of the best things you will ever do!

Pearson Family said...

Take the family with you to Africa. A once in a lifetime opportunity. I am so excited to learn more about this new adventure.

Amber Smith said...

How wonderful! I am so excited for you and know that you will be a great asset to this ministry team! That is so exciting!