Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I SURVIVED!

I lived through the first day of 2nd grade. I cried off and on all day but I made it. We had prayed over this school year all summer and the anticipation was BIG! (OF course, not for Malaya but for me:) Her teacher is once again a Christian and another ACU grad. Malaya LOVES her. I trust God is going to do wonderful things in Malaya's life this year. I know God will use her at school to be a light to her school. Here is my little 2nd grader on the first day.

My Papa turned 80 last week! He is such an amazing man of faith! Some of my greatest childhood memories are with him. He is a firecracker and has the cutest wit!

Malaya enjoyed some time with Cousin Truitt.
At Papa's party Malaya stole my camera for a bit so I thought I would share some of the pics she got. Enjoy... (This might result in some major payback:)
Cousin Tabitha, who I must give a proud shout out b/c she is a freshman and she is paying Varsity volleyball!!
Brother Josh, need I say more...So, I'll throw myself under the bus too!

And Josh again...I love this kid :)
And I have been tagged several times so I will be sharing my interesting things about myself tomorrow. I need some time to think:)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! Thanks for sharing. love you! - kayci

Bev Ross said...

YEA! I love it when you survive! Isn't Malaya beautiful! I love the pics - my favorites are of her and Truitt together! Real live cuties!

Melanie said...

She's so big and beautiful. Just like her momma! So glad to see how great Papa looks! I miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Not even funny!!!

-Josh

summer said...

I love Malaya's spunky short hairdo.
And, I'm glad you made it through the first day. The tears only show how much you love her. I think it's wonderful how much you enjoy being with her. Love you, friend.

Amy C said...

She looks so sweet on her first day. Precious, just like her mommy.

Phillips Family said...

Malaya continues to become more and more beautiful! I hope she loves second grade this year---it is such a fun grade because kids still act a little like babies (in the good way) and yet are so eager to learn.

Margaret K said...

Congratulations on 2nd grade! She looks so cute on her first day.

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful - inside & out! I'm glad she loves her teacher, she'll have a great year.

Kayla said...

YAY!! I am she is too cute! I am glad you survived the start of 2nd grade. You are a great mom!

summer said...

Alright, little missy. Enough stalling. 8 things...let's have it!

Shara Smith said...

Love this family!! Malaya looked adorable for her first day of second grade!! (No surprise since she always is adorable). It was great talking to you today and I hope to see you next week! Love you guys!!

Liz Moore said...

Great pics!! Malaya looks like a little lady! She is way too grown up!