Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Just some stuff...

I have gotten really bad with this blogger thing. I am sitting here with my hub and daughter watching a movie we have seen a billion times so I thought I can blog and still "be with the family". :)
Here is 13 things I have experienced/learned the past few weeks:
1. God offers us such undescribable peace if we just accept it.
2. Romance truly does exist and it's fun!! (even it is help from a silly book) No comments here, family.
3. Daily, devoted, heart pouring and open prayer TRULY does change my life.
4. Malaya learned her first "cuss"word at school. Thank goodness she is still at an age she isn't scared to ask us about it and we could tell her what it means. No, I am not telling you what the word is:)
5. I am obsessed with doing laundry.
6. I said last year in a blog that "all I have to do is be still and let God do the work on me." Though I still find this to be true sometimes, I do not believe this is true for a lifetime. I believe there will be seasons that I can rest in God's peace but there are times that takes some activity on my part. Sorry, if I misled anyone. Maybe I should add a disclaimer to my blog stating that the contents in my blog are not always factual and are J. Biz's seasonal opinions based on her growth! That's a mouthful!
7. I am a LITTLE dog person:)
8. I do not know how to style hair. I know some of you are thinking, "she is just now realizing this???" . I really do not know how!! That is why 98% of the time you will see me with my hair up. The little I do know how to style my hair, I am too lazy to spend the 2 hours getting it "right"!
9. I think about bad things happening to my family too much. Too much of a worrier!
10. Working out releases major chemicals in my body. Days I don't work out I feel depressed, sluggish, lazy, and ready to check out of life. Days I do, I have energy, joy, endurance! It's amazing the way God made our bodies!
11. I LOVE the music of John Mayer. I got a CD from my brother and sister in law for Christmas and I am hooked. I love his sound and that he writes his own stuff (that's a big deal to me!)
12. I have a desire to travel more!
13. David and I volunteered together for malaya's class last week. He worked with them on Math and I worked on Reading. David was a big hit. I think having a dad up there was unique and some of the little boys really hooked on to him.

I leave you with a quote that I love.
"If our petitions are in accordance with His will, and if we seek His glory in the asking, the answers will come in ways that will astonish us and fill our hearts with songs of thanksgiving." J.K. Maclean
"I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving." Psalm 69:30

Blessings to you, blog readers!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thoughts. I also love John Mayer. Tell the truth, Jenny.... is it partly because he's with Jessica????

jenny biz said...

He! He! I almost put a disclaimer with that:):) They are an odd couple aren't they!!:)

Bev Ross said...

I love your list! Thank you for the quote you shared - powerful!

1literatimommy said...

Very thoughtful blog, Jenny. As a human, I believe we are allowed and encouraged to change our opinions about how God works in our lives as we grow in him. Change is the vehicle through which other's can see The Spirit's work in our lives. Thanks for sharing your insights.
On another note, as soon as I saw John Mayer, I wondered about jessica. They are an odd couple. But, his music rocks. And, I do have the first Jessica Simpson CD that I still listen to occasionally!

Pearson Family said...

How cool that David went to volunteer! I bet he WAS a hit! Maybe I should try that working out thing LOL!

Amy C said...

I LOVE John Mayer too. I got some of his music from Bryan right after Christmas. He is amazing! I love your entire list. WE have a lot in common. I have a lot to learn from you. THanks for great directions tonight. YOu saved me like 30 minutes. Love ya!

Amber Smith said...

Hey there-
Thanks for the inspiration this morning. The quote was very encouraging.

Also-which John Mayer CD did you get. I was just listening to one of his old songs the other day and remembering how much I like his music.

jenny biz said...

Amber - I got Continuum. But I am now a proud owner of ALL 3 of his studio recorded CD's. David downloaded the other two. :)I think my fav is Room for Squares, though.

Liz Moore said...

I love your thoughts! And the quote... God is truly astonishing!

Margaret K said...

Totally agree with the exercise thing. After a good work out it puts a whole new perspective on my day.

Melanie said...

I agree with everything! Even the styling hair thing! I have to be intentional to cut my hair shorter than can be put into a ponytail or that's where it always is!