Friday, May 19, 2006

Thursday Thirteen "want- a- be"

Okay, I have been wanting to try and be cool like my friends and join the Thursday Thirteen. But since I am not cool and have not been successful:) I have not been able to figure out how to post the graphic. So I am going to post but without a fun, cute graphic title. So I still will not totally consider myself a part of "the gang" until I figure it all out but until then I will stick to the words and still have some "Thirteen" fun!!

Thirteen Things I Have Loved About Having a Kindergartener:
1) Watching Malaya make new friends and making some great new friends for me too!
2) I never realized how much I LOVE making copies, cutting out laminating, hanging bulletin boards, decorating the Kinder hall. SO FUN to me!!!!!
3) Getting up early and starting my day. (You see before kinder. I was quite a late sleeper.)
4) Coming home and going on walks by myself and having lots of self reflecting time.
5) Getting to spend time with David on his off days.
6) Being room Mom, I loved planning the parties and special things for her teacher.
7) Malaya having such a FABULOUS kinder teacher. It was such a blessing to have a Christian teacher. We even got to go to church with her once and worship with her! What a blessing for Malaya and me to get to see and hear her teacher worship God.
8) Having Malaya's friends over to play. There were not many days when someone has not come home with us. Malaya loves it!!
9) Watching Malaya progressively learn to read.
10) Getting to watch Malaya tell friends about Jesus or ask about church. Malaya never knew that there are some people that actually DO NOT believe in God till this year. Great faith building for her!!
11) Learning how to be a better parent and seek some MAJOR wisdom while dealing with a few "new" and "exciting" situations.
12) Getting to watch Malaya in programs sing and do her choreography so proudly and confidently!!
13) Simply just knowing that we made it through the first year of school!!!! YEA!! The weeks leading up to Kinder were full or tears and fear (much more for me than Malaya). So knowing that we conquered the year!!

Now we push ahead to First grade. Maybe next week I will post about the things I am looking forward to about 1st grade!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great year. Go to thursdaythirteen.com and look around for the graphics. I just save it as a picture and then upload it to blogger. There is a html code but I can't figure it out.

Pearson Family said...

HOORAY! You did it. You finally gave in to the peer pressure of 1! I know you were the best Kindermom/roommom! Thanks for FINALLY updating your blog!

Bev Ross said...

Congrats on a great year! As a former educator, I would have loved having you for a room-mom. You have been such a blessing for Ms. Rhodes.
I, too, have LOVED Malaya's kinder year - a blast and a total delight. But I had the added blessing of watching her mommy too!

Amy C said...

You are a great mom, and the best room mom that I have seen so far. Thanks for all your hard work this year. All the parties have been so organized and fun. Ms. Rhodes is blessed to have you. I know she will really miss you.

It just hit me that Malaya and Blake wont be in class together for sure next year. I will really miss you guys at school. It was nice seeing a "church" face around.

I am glad we got to spend Kinder together.

Phillips Family said...

Please ignore how I just told you to update your blog on my blog.

I love to make copies, put up boards, cut and paste, etc... I had teachers offer to pay me to do their boards, but i never had the time.

Congrats on a successful year!

Kim Q. said...

Hip Hip Hooray fellow 13er!! WOW, I too walked that road...one of dropping your child off at kindergarten and walking away wondering where the years had gone, Is he/she really ready to start kindergarten?" That day (and even now)it had seemed like they were born just yesterday. The years are going so quickly! It is delightful to watch you shepherd Malaya's heart! I know you were a treasure to her teacher, the class, and Malaya. I am blessed to have you guys as a gift in my life. HAPPY GRADUATION sweet angel Malaya, and mom & dad.
I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Jennifer Ross said...

YEA!!!
I am so proud to be connected to each of you in the Biz family and the things God has done through this VERY FIRST school year!