Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Stalking Thought

At a conference I went to a couple of weekends ago the key speaker kept saying a quote over and over that is stalking me.
"God loves it when people speak well of His Son."
I love that!! What Father doesn't want accolades and encouragements and praises and positive talk about their children. What Father doesn't love it when others even think to simply just talk to others about his children and let others know how much they love and appreciate his children.

The gift of Jesus is so miraculous and so praiseworthy why am I so stinkin' timid and sometimes even unthoughtful about talking to others about Him. Not in a presuasive, convincing way but just sharing in conversation about what Jesus' blood has done for me, how it daily transforms me, how He has forgiven me, how it seems so superntaural yet you can literally feel His activity in Your life.
Sometimes I just want to slap myself:) A new friend of mine is constantly telling me and others that this message that Jesus has annointed us to tell is URGENT!! Some people literally can not live another day without knowing Jesus. They will die of loss of hope, they will die of feelings of destruction, etc. Sometimes there is time to build relationships and gain people's trust before we need to share but sometimes it is URGENT! It is life or death.

I say these words empty b/c I have not acted on them more than I can count on one hand but I feel in a way that God is speaking to my heart and saying "Get with it daughter." "Are you who you say you are?" "There is work to be done."
My frustration comes because I don't know where to begin so yesterday I started praying that I want God to kill Jenny Bizaillion and Him just do it in me. I felt kind of relieved after that saying the words b/c it took the pressure off of myself. But now will I truly die and let Him do what He will do???
That is the question!!

6 comments:

Amber Smith said...

Those are some great thoughts. I struggle with this so much! Don't we all need a heart change that will look at the needs of others and long to share Christ with them? Getting rid of my own selfishness is something that I know I need to work on.

Bev Ross said...

Powerful! I feel such a call on my heart right now about the same thing! May I not miss an opportunity to proclaim the love of Christ! I want to make Him look goooooood! I LOVE that quote at the beginning of your blog.

Amy C said...

Great post. I love those words too. I too need to speak well of Jesus. Why is that so "hard?" Amber hit it on the head I think, self-centeredness. We aren't thinking of others state of lostness, but of our own embarassment. We should never be ashashamed of Jesus'love, power and work on our behalf! Thank you for the reminder to be bold and share with all we come in contact with.

Pearson Family said...

and still waiting for you to update this thing!

Amber Smith said...

I guess I might as well add to the list...

I keep checking for an update. I hope everything is going well for you!

Bev Ross said...

Hey, it's time! The time is now! Oh, why not tonight... PLEASE write a new update. I know what's going on in your life and I LOVED the 'Stalking Thought' post but I am ready for a new title to appear when I check your blog! HELP!