Thursday, August 02, 2007

Summer Fun

Okay, so the gift of a new blog header has inspired me to update, if I even have any readers left. Don't you love the header???? If you are interested in knowing who took those great pictures, email me and I will brag on her gift! :)
This summer has been so wonderful!! Here are a few highlights.

Malaya and I have done tons of swimming and hence the picture that reflects most of our comings and goings this summer. When I just downloaded my pictures, this one came up along with a few others. Not quite sure who I am talking to, but I sure seem intense!
Malaya got to attend 3 VBS's this summer! She had so much fun at all of them!! Here is her and a friend at the LCC Marketplace.



David and I celebrated 9 years of marriage last month! He is such a hottie and gets more and more so each year! Malaya adores him! He has been working his tail off this summer but God has really blessed his business. It is growing!!!! YAY!!

Jen and Jed came and spent a few days up here and we spent a day at the zoo. Malaya loves Jed so much. He is such a fun kid!!



More highlights that lack pictures:

We got to go see John Mayer in concert. We had a great time with friends and the concert was amazing. John Mayer is such a fabulous musician. I now own each of his cd's. :)

I have gotten to lead a bible study on Wednesday mornings. I don't know all of the people very well but it has been such a gift to get to know these women in a spiritual sense b/c that is our genuine essence.

Malaya and I went and registered for second grade today. I can not believe I am a mother of a second grader!! She is so precious to me. I am really going to miss her when school starts:(

And now for the biggest highlight of this summer.......

THE PREMIERE OF HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited!! I think even more than Malaya!! And now I am going to close this blog to watch them on the View!!

Enjoy the rest of your summer!!

12 comments:

Pearson Family said...

WHOOOHOO! AN UPDATE!!! BUSY GIRL!

Jami said...

Glad you updated! I was wondering about you guys! Who took those gorgeous pictures???? Kidding...I can't wait until she can take some for me :)
I will miss seeing Malaya walking down the hall with her class at school. I can't believe she will be a second grader either! Tell her I said hi and give her a hug for me!

Unknown said...

Just watched High School Musical one again today and I so looking forward to number two. Scott is a real trooper to watch them with me! Glad you guys have had a great summer!

Melanie said...

I'm afraid to ask what High School Musical is.

I'm glad things are going well. I was adjusting to having a KGer, now I'm not so sure about this 1st grade business.

Lots of love!!

Amy C said...

I have never seen HS Musical. I love your new header! What a great gift. Happy Birthday Jenni! I hope you have the greatest birthday ever. You deserve it. You are a great girl!

Amy C said...

Sorry I spelled your name with an I. Temporary insanity. It is late. Blogger punished me with an insanly long word verify if that makes you feel better!

Kayla said...

I am glad to see an update with new pictures. Your family is gorgeous! Happy Birthday! You are a beautiful example of motherhood. I hope that I am able to raise Myra with the same grace, love, understanding and patience that you have shown. I love ya!

1literatimommy said...

LOve the heading, and glad you have had a good summer

Margaret K said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day. I am glad you guys continue to be blessed as I know you are a blessing.

Liz Moore said...

I love the blog header!! What great pics! Your summer sounds as busy as ours has been. Happy Anniversary!!! What is up with Melanie, does she never watch the Disney Channel?!? :) I love High School Musical too!!

amerriman said...

thanks for the update. I love the pictures with your family.

Liz Moore said...

In the spirit of playing the game, you have been tagged. Check out my post today for the rules. Sorry!
Blessings, Liz