Monday, May 14, 2007

Blessings in Nephews

I am an aunt who is totally in love with her 2 nephews! The three of us made a trip down to H-town to see my newest nephew Truitt. He is PRECIOUS!! I also got to spend some fun playtime with Jed. He is one of the silliest kids!! He cracks me up! He and Truitt are going to have some good times ahead! Here are some fun pics from the weekend!


Isn't he beautifully handsome!!!

Such a weird ( in a good way:) stage of life to watch my brothers transition to being daddys! What a blessing it is to see them love their sons so passionately! Kayci and Jennifer are amazing moms! I can't wait to watch their families develop! I tell them both ALL the time (probably annoyingly too much:) that Malaya and I can not wait to babysit!!

Jed just keeps me in stitches (just like his dad). As you can see, his new game is peekaboo. He is one precious kiddo. I can not believe he is about to be the big ONE!!!


I LOVE being an auntie!! Next week 3 of my neices and one other nephew will be coming in town! Malaya is so excited to have her cousins come stay!! There will be lots of great memories to share!


We had a great Mother's Day! Good family time!Here is the precious miracle that gave me the title of mommy 8 years ago!! She makes my heart burst! Speaking of her...she is almost a stinkin' 2nd grader!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where does the time go???? I LOVE being her mom! I am excited about our summer together!
We passed through a major milestone tonight and I survived!! Every night since the day she was born (with the exception of a few nights when she was a new born and I was too tired:) I have read to her. As I was doing the dishes tonight I started thinking that one day she is not going to want me to read to her anymore, she will want to read by herself. It wasn't 10 minutes later and she came into the kitchen and said she would like to read on her own tonight!!! I think God put it on my heart to prepare me for the heart break. :(:(:(:( As we did bedtime I told her I would make a deal that she could start reading on her own but I still wanted one night a week! Is that selfish?? Don't tell me if you think it is:) Let me grovel in my own selfishness for as long as she will let me.
Pray for me....:)

10 comments:

Pearson Family said...

You are such a great aunt! Malaya looks so proud! I hope that Malaya does give that 1 night a week. I don't think that is selfish at all!

Shara Smith said...

Okay, I love this post! I can not believe Malaya is fixing to be a second grader! I have missed being around this last nine weeks and I am excited about going back next week. Also, selfish is not a word that I would ever put any where near you! I know that she will always cherish the times that her mommy read with her!! Love you and miss you tons! I am glad that you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Margaret K said...

Such handsome nephews! What a sweet family you have. You are such a great mom to not want to let go of reading to Malaya. Sometimes I wish my kids would just stay the way they are right now and not grow up. Now, that is selfish!

Melanie said...

Nope not selfish. I would have said every other night. HeeHee.

Holly said...

What a great family! I love all the pictures! Maybe Malaya can read to you and you can transition. Good luck...she is just beautiful Jenny!

Amber Smith said...

Ouch! That hurts! I hate when they want to do things "on their own". It is so hard to watch them growing up!

What a precious Mommy you are, Jenny! I wouldn't give up on reading to her every night, myself. Maybe she just wanted to read to herself that one night? I know my mom read to me every night for FOREVER... I know at least until fourth grade or so? Those were some special times.

Amy C said...

Adorable, handsome, beautiful children. So fun. I bet Malaya gives you more than one night a week. Maybe she will let you read for the last few minutes.

Liz Moore said...

I have been so far behind I had no idea that Josh & Kayci's baby had been born. Oh my goodness! He is sooo cute! Your family just keeps on getting cuter. Being a mom is a great thing and a very hard thing. The older they get and the more you have to let go, the harder it is. But with every time you let go a bit, comes a great new love and revelation for where they are at that point. And no it's not selfish! I hang on to every little bit that I can for as long as I possibly can! ;)

Kayla said...

Malaya is so beautiful! I hope she lets you read to her more often!
You are a beautiful family!

Pearson Family said...

update this thing please!